Xebec Head of Engineering
Head of EngineeringWho We Are
Xebec is a direct-to-consumer computer accessories brand challenging the norms of the traditional office. Led by our flagship product, the Xebec Tri-Screen, it is our mission to equip today's professionals to be successful in the modern, mobile workplace. We are a fast-paced and booming consumer products startup building innovative and quality products that empower anyone to Free Yourself.
The Head of Engineering is the genesis of our entire brand. Ultimately, we build consumer electronic products, and the Head of Engineering is charged with leading every element of the design, sourcing, and manufacturing processes to bring these ideas to life. We are looking for an experienced product design engineer who is excited to own the product design process from end-to-end for our entire product offering.
- Lead the product development process from idea to design all the way through production. This includes working with our industrial design team on concepts, developing prototyping strategy, identifying contract manufacturers, and making key pricing and manufacturing capacity decisions.
- Work directly with the CEO to build out product roadmaps and identify new products to launch.
- Manage and guide a 6+ person team of contracted international and domestic engineers, designers, and manufacturers.
- Develop innovative and cost-effective solutions for engineering and production challenges faced throughout the product development process.
- prototype ideas to prove or disprove critical hypotheses.
- Work with product team to organize customer feedback into actionable improvements for existing products.
- Regularly monitor the computer accessories space for opportunities to develop innovative solutions to new problems.
Who You Are
- Passionate mechanical and product design engineer with 5+ years of experience bringing products to market.
- Fast-paced problem solver who can time-box solutions to maintain tight timelines.
- Expert in 3D CAD modeling, injection molding, and the product development lifecycle.
- A hard worker who is willing to grind it out in the trenches and do the work when needed.
- Intellectually curious and strong desire to work at a high-growth startup.
- Lifelong student of Product Design who holds product function and quality in the highest regard.
- A self-driven and strategic thinker who is always looking for ways to "make things better.”
- Equity + Bonus opportunity
- Hybrid Remote workplace